Video | Methi Malai Paneer
Jan 14, 2017
Rich and creamy cottage cheese gravy recipe prepared with fenugreek leaves, milk and cream.
to soak methi leaves:
- 1 bunch methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, washed and finely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
for methi malai paneer:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / indian tej patta
- 4 cloves / lavang
- 2 pods cardamom / elachi
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 green chili, slit length wise
- 1 tsp coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 cup tomato pulp / puree of 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup malai / fresh cream
- ¼ cup water, add as required
- 11 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- firstly heat oil and add cumin seed, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. saute.
- additionally, add ginger garlic paste, green chili and onions. saute.
- now add spice powder like chili powder, turmeric and coriander powder. saute.
- also add tomato pulp and saute till it thickens.
- also saute till the masala start to release oil.
- now add sauted methi leaves.
- additionally add sugar and salt.
- saute for a minute.
- now add milk, cream and water.
- also add paneer cubes and give a gentle mix.
- additionally add garam masala.
- cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- finally, serve methi malai paneer with chapathi or paratha.
Video Sponsored by : Hebbar's Kitchen