Jan 14, 2017
Powered by Shree Toyota Jammu
1. Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat has made it clear that more surgical strikes cannot be ruled out as India has the "right to retaliate" if Pakistan does not react positively to offers of peace.
2. The Election Commission will today release revised electoral rolls of Jammu and Kashmir bringing curtains down on about four month long exercise undertaken from first week of September for summary revision of the rolls. As per initial estimates, the total number of voters in the State could go up to 74.5 lakh.
3. The Border Security Force (BSF) has foiled major infiltration attempt by a group of four to six militants, trying to infiltrate into the Indian territory, along the International Border in Samba sector by killing one of them and forcing others to retreat to Pakistan.
4. Cold intensified grip over Kashmir and Ladakh with Srinagar experiencing the coldest January night in the last five years freezing water supply lines and water bodies, including Dal lake.
5. Army and Special Operations Group (SoG) of Police have seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 4 weapons and as many mortar bombs, in Pooch district
6. A book containing speeches of former Jammu and Kashmir chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and write ups on him by some famed writers was released by his daughter and Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday.