Jan 11, 2017
A quick and mouth-watering Indian chicken recipe.
- Boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces 400 grams
- Red chilli paste 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt 4 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon 1
- Extra virgin olive oil 6 tablespoons
- Orange juice 1 cup
- Green capsicums cut into 1/2 inch pieces 2 medium
- Cooked rice 2 cups
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Butter 2 tablespoons
1. Marinate chicken pieces with red chilli paste, salt, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, garam masala powder and juice of lemon and mix. Add 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil and mix and marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator.
2. Heat a non stick pan and pour orange juice into it. String the chicken pieces and capsicum pieces alternately onto skewers. Heat a non stick tawa, drizzle a little oil and place the skewers on it. Pack rice into a mould, unmould it on a serving plate and drizzle 1 tbsp extra virgin oil over it. Add salt, pepper powder and sugar to the orange juice and cook.
3. Turn the skewers so that the chicken gets cooked evenly all around. When the sauce thickens a little, take it off the heat. Add butter and mix well. Place the skewers over the rice, drizzle the sauce over the chicken and rice and serve immediately. Use up the remaining chicken and rice similarly.
Recipe sponsored by : Sanjeev Kapoor