Jan 11, 2017
Powered by Shree Toyota Jammu
1. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has strongly batted for complete "emotional and psychological" integration of the state with rest of the country, asserting that Article 370 of the Indian Constitution is not a hurdle but a bridge in this direction.
2. Jammu and Kashmir suffered losses to the tune of over INR 16,000 crore during the five-month long unrest in the Kashmir Valley due to complete halt of economic activity coupled with loss of property worth crores of rupees.
3. The Government has decided to bring 2008 Amarnath land row victims under the ambit of Rs 5 lakh compensation and extreme compassionate job, which was yesterday announced by Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for 2016 Kashmir summer unrest victims.
4. Army chief General Bipin Rawat Tuesday called on Home Minister Rajnath Singh and the duo are understood to have discussed the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
5. The Reserve Bank of India or RBI has said that though it was the government that recommended cancelling high-denomination notes in November, the central bank felt that "such a proposal could not have come at a more opportune time."
6. At the Vibrant Gujarat 2017 Summit on Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told a gathering of business leaders that India is the 6th largest manufacturing nation in the world and is on verge of becoming the world's most digitized economy.
7. The Union Home Ministry has asked BSF to submit a fact report by Wednesday in the case involving a jawan, who claimed poor quality food was being served to soldiers on the LoC, whose social media video posts have prompted authorities to initiate action into the allegations.
8. With the government taking steps to improve business climate, total FDI inflows in the last two-and-a-half years have touched USD 130 billion.