Jan 10, 2017
Powered By Barkada County, Jhajjar Kotli, Jammu
1. Uproarious scenes were witnessed in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly today as the opposition cornered the Speaker over his remarks on slogans raised yesterday by Congress MLAs.
2. The night temperature at most places in Kashmir division went further down the freezing point with Kargil, in Ladakh region of the state, recording its coldest night of the season at minus 12.4 degrees Celsius.
3. Jammu and Kashmir government has said the survey for the Rs 15881 crore Srinagar Metro Project, which has been allotted to RITES Ltd, would commence on April 1 and the agency would submit the complete Draft Detailed Project Report (DPR) by September this year.
4. The BSF today said the constable, who claimed poor quality food was being served to soldiers on the LoC, was court-martialed in 2010 for indiscipline and aiming a gun at a senior officer even as it assured of a thorough probe into his allegations.
5. Opposition today staged a walkout from the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly after protests and uproarious scenes jammed the proceedings over clash between people belonging to two communities in Kathua district of the state.
6. The education sector has been badly hit in Kashmir Valley during the five-month-long unrest, causing "irreversible loss" to students, the Economic Survey Report has said.
7. Alleging breach of privilege, a Congress member today moved a privilege motion against a member of People's Democratic Party (PDP) for making "controversial remarks" against him in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.
8. Jammu and Kashmir suffered losses to the tune of over Rs 16,000 crore during the five-month long unrest in the Kashmir Valley due to complete halt of economic activity coupled with loss of property worth crores of rupees.
9. Army chief General Bipin Rawat today called on Home Minister Rajnath Singh and the duo are understood to have discussed the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
10. All Government Degree Colleges in Kashmir division besides, colleges in Jammu division which fall in the winter zone, will remain closed for winter vacations from January 11 to January 31, 2017.
11. As it analyses bank deposits post-demonetisation, the government has found that an estimated Rs. 3-4 lakh crore of tax-evaded income could have been deposited during the 50-day window provided to get rid of junked Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes.
12. Strongly committing to continuing economic reforms, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today promised to bring a paradigm shift in polity and economy by providing corruption-free regime and easing processes to make India the easiest place to do business.
13. UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today met his father and SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav here, sending signals of a rapprochement between the bickering factions in the ruling party.
14. The Union Home Ministry has asked BSF to submit a fact report by tomorrow in the case involving a jawan, who claimed poor quality food was being served to soldiers on the LoC, whose social media video posts have prompted authorities to initiate action into the allegations.
15. Ambati Rayudu struck an unbeaten century, Mahendra Singh Dhoni blasted 40-ball-68 and Yuvraj Singh (56, off 48 balls) also scored half-century as India A scored 304 for 4 in the first warm-up game against England today.