Gajar Ka Halwa
Dec 20, 2016
Grated carrots, khoya, sugar, ghee and nuts cooked together to make this delicious Indian sweet dish.
- Carrots 8-10 medium
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Almonds sliced 5-6
- Cashewnuts 5-6
- Raisins 10-15
- Khoya/mawa grated 1 cup
- Pistachios chopped 5-6 cup
- Place the grated carrots in a microwave proof bowl.
- Add ghee and mix. Add green cardamom powder and mix. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for five minutes. Add sugar and mix.
- Cook in the microwave on HIGH for two minutes Add almonds, cashewnuts, raisins and khoya (keeping aside some khoya for garnish) and mix. Cook in the microwave for two to two and a half minutes.
- Garnish with the reserved khoya and pistachios and serve hot or cold.
Recipe sponsored by: Sanjeev Kapoor