Punjabi Lemon Chicken
Dec 19, 2016
Tangy chicken full of lemony flavour.
- Chicken cut into 8 pieces on the bone 750 grams
- Lemon Juice 2 tablespoons
- Lemon 1
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger chopped 1 1/2 inches
- Salt to taste
- Onions sliced 2 medium
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies 7
- Fresh coriander leaves 10-12 sprigs
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add cumin seeds and ginger and saute. Place chicken pieces in a bowl, add 2 tbsps lemon juice and salt and mix. Set aside to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Add onions to the pan and saute till lightly coloured. Add turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Make small slits on green chillies and add to the pan. Halve the lemon, remove seeds and add to the pan. Add 1 cup water and mix.
- Roughly chop 10-12 fresh coriander leaf sprigs and add and mix well. When the water comes to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes. You can also cook it in an oven at 160° C for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or bread.
Recipe sponsored by : Sanjeev Kapoor