The Do's and Dont's of winter skin care
Dec 15, 2016
Winters have arrived and the thing that needs our attention is our skin. Everybody's point of concern is that how to get and maintain healthy and glowing skin in winters. In this cold season, our skin becomes flaky and brings uncomfortable dryness especially on the face, hands and feet. There are some do's and don'ts that should be followed to get healthy and beautiful skin in winters:
1. Drink lots of water. It provides hydration to the skin tissues making it soft and nourished. We usually tend to drink less water in winters but it should not be done. Luke warm water with a drop of honey can also work.
2. Moisturize well and choose a right product according to your skin type. Never skip this step.
3. Use a sunscreen before going out in sun. Never think that sun would not harm your skin in winters. A sunscreen with SPF 15-30 will work.
4. Avoid hot showers and baths. Choose Luke warm water instead. Hot water strips oil away from skin making it dry.Exfoliation is also an important step and helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Do not over exfoliate your skin it can chap and irritate your skin.
5. Always check the ingredients of a product before buying them. Try to use products having moisture content like shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil extracts etc.
6. Last but not the least. Eat healthy food and maintain a healthy diet. Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables, they will help in natural skin rejuvenation and you will get a flawless and beautiful skin despite of cold and dry winters.