Chicken Masala Balls
Nov 28, 2016
Chicken Masala Balls have a hot and spicy aroma that fills the room while being cooked and a flavor that makes these party appetizers almost impossible to resist.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken pieces, cleaned and washed
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 8-10 fresh green chillis
- 5-6 dry red chillis (adjust according to your choice)
- 15 garlic flakes
- 3″ piece ginger chopped
- small bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsps coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2″ cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamoms
- 5-6 cloves
- 20 cashewnuts
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in cooking vessel. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamom, red chillis and cashewnuts and stir for a minute till a nice aroma emanates the whole kitchen. Be careful not to burn the spices. Cool.
2. First grind the roasted ingredients along with ginger, garlic and green chillis to a coarse paste. Next add the chopped raw onions, coriander leaves, chicken and salt and grind further to form a smooth paste like shown in the picture above.
3. Add a tbsp of oil to the ground mixture and mix thoroughly before shaping into small lemon sized balls.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Once its piping hot, reduce flame to medium and place these balls in the oil and fry them to a crisp, golden brown color.
5. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.