Spicy Chicken Legs
Nov 18, 2016
Try a spicy twist with your chicken
- 4-5 chicken legs, make slits all over
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper pwd
- large pinch turmeric pwd
- 3/4 tbsp coriander powder
- large pinch cumin pwd
- pinch of garam masala pwd
- 1 tbsp hot and sweet tomato chilli sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsps hung yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
1. Marinate chicken legs with all the above ingredients except oil. Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight or marinate for at least 3-4 hrs.
2. Heat oil in cooking vessel, add curry leaves and chicken pieces along with the left over marinade if any. Cook on high for 3 mts, reduce flame to medium, place lid and cook for 10 mts. Reduce flame to low and cook for another 10 mts.
3. Remove lid and cook till the water evaporates and roast on medium flame till well cooked. Serve warm with onion slices and lemon wedges.