Tired of dark underarms, try potatoes, amla to get rid of it
Aug 19, 2016
NEW DELHI: Shaving, waxing and excessive sweating can cause dark underarms. Try quick home remedies like potato, which works as a natural bleaching agent or use amla as it is known to protect the skin, says an expert.
Raaj Gupta, expert and director at Qraa Herbals, manufacturer of herbal cosmetics, has shared tips to get rid of dark underarms.
Here are some tips to cure dark underarms:
Baking Soda works wonder for exfoliating the skin. Mix baking soda with rose water. Massage the affected area for five minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
* Potato works as a natural bleaching agent. Cut a thick slice of potato and rub the affected area for 10-15 minutes, let it dry for an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water.
* Vitamin C plays an important role in producing the collagen fibres that helps support your skin and keep it firm. Consumption of Vitamin C-infused fruits or vegetables like citrus foods, papaya, guava, broccoli, kiwi and tomato are good for health and helps cure discolouration of underarms.
One can apply it directly to the affected area for better results.
* Bearberry contains Alpha Arbutin, which is known to lighten the skin very fast.
Arbutin has been proven to effectively lighten freckles and dark spots. Bearberry extract reduces the amount of “tanning” experienced after sun exposure, thereby slowing or reversing signs of ageing on the skin.
* Amla has been known to protect the skin against oxidative stress, reduce wrinkles, regulate melanin production, and help the skin retain its natural moisture.
Apply Amla juice on the affected area to get a clear and brighter skin.
* Aloe Vera can alleviate hyper-pigmentation and restore your skin’s original colour.
Hyper-pigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone. The cooling effects of aloe vera helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue. Pamper the affected area with Aloe Vera gel to unveil a healthy and supple skin of underarms.